Latest TweetsLoading Tweets...
Relocation of Physiotherapy services
From 1st March 2013, our therapy services currently located within the Vale Resort & Spa will be relocating to The Vale Hospital, Hensol.Find out more…
98.85% of patients would recommend Vale Healthcare to family or friends…
The results are in! We truly value our patient feedback, and strive to continue to improve the services that we deliver.
We ask each of our patients to complete a satisfaction survey - our patient feedback survey results for 2012 are in…Patient Satisfaction Results 2012
Vale Healthcare launches The South Wales Spinal Centre
Home to five expert spinal surgeons, offering both orthopaedic and neurosurgery - The South Wales Spinal Centre celebrates it's launch in December 2012.Find out more…
Launching a Rapid Access One Stop Rectal Bleed Clinic
Rectal bleeding is a very common condition, but it is crucial it is checked out to ensure there isn't a more serious underlying problem. We offer same day consultation and investigations at the Rapid Access One Stop Rectal Bleed ClinicMore information…
A fluoroscopy machine produces a constant stream of X-rays so that it works in real time, enabling the doctor to view a changing image continuously and capture pictures of the body’s structures in motion.
The Fluoroscopy x-ray machine is a table, which can tilt, with an arm coming across which delivers or detects the x-rays. Within the room there will usually be either a radiologist and a radiographer or just a radiographer and sometimes a nurse.
Examples of fluoroscopy examinations are:
- Arthrograms – studies of joints
- Barium studies – imaging of the bowel and stomach
- Nerve root studies - imaging of the discs and vertebrae in the spine
- Videofluoroscopy – used to study the mechanism of swallowing
- Urodynamics – investigations of the urinary system
Each fluoscopy examination will need specific preparation, sometimes involving a particular diet so please contact the imaging department if you have been referred for any of these special imaging procedures.
Fluoroscopy is available at the Cardiff Bay Clinic.
To enquire about Fluoroscopy, contact the Vale Healthcare Radiology / Imaging department on 029 2083 6706.
- The Vale Hospital
- Cardiff Bay Hospital
- Vale Clinic, Hensol
- Cowbridge & Western Vale Group Practice
- South Wales Spinal Centre
- South Wales Cancer Centre
- South Wales Shoulder Centre
- South Wales Bariatric Centre
- South Wales Foot and Ankle Centre
- South Wales Sports Medicine Centre
- South Wales Joint Replacement Centre