General Surgery Clinic
Welcome to the General Surgery Clinic at Vale Healthcare
Vale Healthcare, a leading provider of independent healthcare is based in the heart of the Cardiff Bay, and provides an out-patient service providing expertise and high quality care for all patients with conditions affecting the digestive system.
Our General Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, Colorectal Surgeons, and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons and are here to diagnose and treat the full range of general surgery and upper and lower gastro intestinal conditions. They range from digestive conditions to the most complex types of gastro intestinal cancers.
- The Vale Hospital: has 6 consulting rooms, 25 private bedrroms with en-suite, 2 major operating theatres with laminar flow, and 2 high dependency beds
- The Cardiff Bay Clinic: has 7 consulting rooms, a full suite of imaging facilities, and a fully air-conditioned operating minor theatre and endoscopy theatre. These two minor theatres are used solely for day-case procedures and investigations including endoscopy and colonoscopy techniques, under both local and general anaesthetic.
Conditions and symptoms treated at the General Surgery Clinic
Patients will often visit a General Surgeon suffering from one (or a combination) of the symptoms listed below. It is very important that if you are suffering from a number of these symptoms / or any one symptom for an extended period of time then you seek advice from your GP who may refer you on to a specialist.
- Abdominal Pain
- Vomiting Blood
- Passing Blood with the Stool
- Jaundiced Patients
- Rectal Bleeding
The conditions managed by our highly experienced General Surgery Consultants include but are not limited to:
- Acid Reflux
- Gallbladder disease
- Stomach cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Diverticular Disease
- Lumps and Bumps
- Varicose veins
- Polyps in the bowel
- Oesophageal cancer
- Upper & Lower Gastroenterology Endoscopic Services
The General Surgery Clinic - what to do next?
- Find the General Surgery Clinic, Cardiff Bay Clinic
- Find the General Surgery Clinic, The Vale Hospital
- Find out more about our specialist Groin and Sports Hernia Clinic
- Make an appointment at the General Surgery Clinic
- Visit the Vale Hospital website
General Surgery Consulants and Surgeons
- Mr Tim Havard - Consultant General and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon
- Mr Alan Woodward - Consultant General Surgeon
- Mr Sumit Goyal - Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
- Mr Kelvin Gomez - Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
- Mr Xavier Escofet - Consultant General and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon
- Mr Mike Foster - Consultant General Surgeon
- Mr Elijah Ablorsu - Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon
- View information about all the General Surgery Consultants