Maxillofacial Surgery at Vale Healthcare
Maxillofacial Surgery is a branch of medicine that includes treatment of a wide range of symptoms and conditions of the head and neck. Vale Healthcare's Maxillofacial Surgery service is based at the Cardiff Bay Clinic, South Wales, and is led by Mr Richard Parkin.
Maxiollfacial treatments available at Cardiff Bay Clinic and Vale Hospital include:
- All surgery of the head and neck
- Cosmetic facial procedures including rhinoplasty, and otoplasty
- Bone graft
- Preprosthetic surgery
- Soft tissue surgery
- Lumps and bumps including cysts on the face and neck, and inside the mouth / jaw
Maxillofacial Surgery patients
The majority of patients that visit the Maxiollfacial Surgery clinic at Vale Healthcare have already been seen by their GP (or sometimes dentist), and are often ‘referred’ for an appointment. It is helpful to have a referral, but this is not necessary in order to get an appointment.
NB. If you are using medical insurance then your insurer may insist that you have a referral from your GP / dentist, you will have to check this.
Clinics at Vale Healthcare’s Oral Surgery Service
The Maxillofacial Surgery service is based at the Cardiff Bay Clinic in the heart of Cardiff, South Wales' capital city. Cardiff Bay is well served by the road network and is easily accessible from across South Wales from junction 33 of the M4. The Cardif Bay Clinic has a specialist maxillofacial surgery suite, with specialist equipment particular to this service.
- The clinics are Consultant led, which means that you are seen by a consultant surgeon who would also carry out any treatment that is required.
- The clinic specialises in complex maxillofacial surgery that cannot be treated at a doctors / dentists.
The consultant surgeons working at the clinic have agreements with all major insurers, and also see self-paying patients.
Surgery and treatment at Vale Healthcare’s Maxillofacial Surgery Service
Any day-case surgery requiring a general or local anaesthetic is carried out at the Cardiff Bay Clinic’s day-case surgery unit. This would not require an overnight stay.
More complex maxillofacial surgery requiring an overnight stay is carried out at The Vale Hospital. The Vale Hospital is south Wales' latest private hospital, boasting state of the art facilities located in Hensol, just 20 mins from Cardiff city centre (in the Vale of Glamorgan), and has 25 private bedrooms with en-suite.
Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic - what to do next…
- Find out more about the Consultant Surgeons based at the Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, Cardiff Bay
- Map and directions for the Cardiff Bay Clinic, Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic
- Make an enquiry at the Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic